Motors | View Our Product Line
Our drive motors perform a wide variety of industrial drive tasks, reliably and effectively. Our type Z cylindrical-rotor brake motors drive efficiency and availability, and are engineered to perfectly match our gearbox range. Our conical-rotor brake motors, with outputs of up to 88 HP (55 kW), are a proven solution for stopping-and-starting drives and direct line-fed travel applications. Read on to discover some of the key features of our cylindrical-rotor motors and conical-rotor brake motors and how they can help improve your company’s operations.
Z Cylindrical-Rotor Motors for Industrial Applications
If you’re in need of a drive motor that can perform an array of tasks, our Z cylindrical-rotor motors are ideal. They can provide reliability and efficiency, and are used in a wide range of applications by businesses.
Some of their key features include the following:
- A motor output of up to 72 HP (45 kW)
- Inverter-fed drives for travel applications, line-fed travel, and continuous operation
- Designed to match our array of gearboxes
- Simple project engineering
- High drive efficiency
- Software tools to calculate drive requirements meeting specified physical characteristics
Some of the benefits of utilizing this model of drive motor for cranes and other industrial applications include:
- A strong motor output
- Specified brake torques from 0.6 to 496 ft-lbs. (0.9 to 680 Nm)
- Various control modules for switching times to match application requirements
- Two brake sizes available for each motor frame size
- Easily incorporated into your own custom crane build
For full specifications, be sure to visit our Z cylindrical-rotor motors page.
Conical-Rotor Brake Motors for Industrial Applications
To eliminate the need for separate control or additional switching elements, choose our KB conical-rotor break motors for high cycling applications. These motors are reliable and robust, and feature a unique brake operating principle.
Some of this model’s other key features include the following:
- A motor output of up to 88 HP (55 kW)
- A particularly high braking performance
- Two-speed motors
- Resistance to temporary overload
- Approval for operation with extremely high switching frequencies
Some of the benefits of utilizing this model of drive motor for high cycling applications include:
- No switching elements needed
- No separate control needed
- Two brake disc designs – light for KBA motors, heavy and with increased moment inertia for KBF motors
- Extremely high switching frequency permitted
- Design support by way of 2D and 3D geometries in all standard file formats
For full specifications, be sure to visit our Conical-rotor brake motors page.
Choose Demag Cranes for Your Operations
In addition to all we can supply in drive motors for cranes and other industrial uses, we have an array of offerings available to boost your facility’s efficiency.
Some of our products include:
- Universal cranes
- Components for cranes
- Rope hoists
- Chain hoists
- KBK light crane systems
- Gear motors
- Wheel ranges
- Frequency inverters
- Crane end carriages
Be sure to visit our main product page above to learn more about each of these reliable crane systems and accessories. And reach out to our dedicated team with any questions!