Hall Cranes and Sets for Overhead Cranes
At Demag, we pride ourselves on providing you with overhead and bridge cranes with the best performance quality. As the world's leading overhead crane manufacturer, we offer cranes that can give you the greatest efficiency.
Our overhead cranes for sale drive quality, efficiency, and reliability for your facility. Every crane and crane component reflects our vast engineering expertise and industry experience.
Demag’s overhead crane portfolio includes single- and double-girder overhead traveling cranes and suspension cranes. In addition to standard cranes with welded box-section girders, we offer solutions with rolled steel sections, wall-mounted traveling cranes, and crane sets. With such a wide variety of products available, you are guaranteed to find something to meet your needs and help you improve your facility’s operations.
If you are in need of an overhead crane or crane sets for overhead cranes, you can rely on us for the right equipment! Demag offers user-friendly assembly and innovative designs that are beneficial for many different industries.
Review product performance details and benefits on our product pages for more information on other services we can provide you!
The V-type crane girder revolutionizes load handling. Its innovative design featuring tapered diaphragm joints reduces oscillation frequency by 30%, cuts its weight by an average of 17%, and doubles its service life to as many as 500,000 changes of load.
We’re proud of our work with clients. Check out our case studies below to see how our solutions have helped our clients achieve their goals.
Interested in Working with Demag Cranes?
Want to receive high-quality and efficient overhead crane parts? Demag can do just that. Reach out today by filling out this form! Our customers’ needs are our priority, so we respond fast. We are ready to collaborate with you to supply recommendations on achieving your goals with overhead cranes.
DMR modular rope hoist
Reliable hoist unit for loads weighing up to 50 t. High FEM classification for even more hours of service. Compact design with minimum approach dimensions for optimum utilization of the available space.
- FEM classification: up to 4 m (6,300 hours at full load)
- Variable cross-travel speeds as standard (3 - 30 m/min); optional: two-speed design
- Smooth travel characteristics thanks to high-strength steel travel wheels and guide rollers for long service life
- Drive concept to meet your needs: DualDrive/DualDrive Plus
Tapered diaphragm joints
The V-type girder design based on bionic principles and innovative diaphragm joints are particularly effective at absorbing pressure and tensile forces acting on the crane. This, in turn, reduces natural vibrations significantly.
- Improved precision for load handling thanks to reduced oscillation
- Reduced pressure and tensile forces acting on the crane
- Increased crane handling rates as loads settle more quickly
Crane end carriages
Smooth running characteristics and precise motions with variable-speed DFO/DFM or two-speed DFW II crane end carriages. They are designed to last the crane’s entire service life and accordingly require very little maintenance.
- Torsionally rigid box-section profiles
- Travel speeds up to 40 m/min
- Variable-speed long-travel motions with DFO and DFM travel units
- Two-speed long-travel motions with rugged Demag drives (DFW II)
- Versatile options, such as drop stops, wind anchors, rain covers, buffer extensions and rail sweepers for additional safety
High safety and reliability: The smart SafeControl system can detect dangerous scenarios before they happen and protect the crane from dangerous situations – especially in complex operating modes or when several cranes are used on the same crane runway.
- Pro-active crane safety cut-off
- Automatic corrective crane motions
- Efficient load positioning
- Ensures safety for complex operating modes
- (Smart) tandem
- Turning loads
- By-pass control
Protected power supply with energy chain along the crane bridge.
- Power safely supplied along the crane girder
- Improved safety thanks to larger clearance dimensions
- High level of protection and reduced cable wear thanks to guided system
- Better coverage thanks to compact dimensions and by eliminating accumulated cables
A broad range of models ensures that the cranes can match the given building design. Crane girders can be installed on the side or on top of the end carriage.
- Crane bridge with a wide range of combinations of connection variants and girder types
- Crane bridge height and shape can be adapted to match specific building requirements
Pendant controllers or radio control
Customized control concepts with pendant controllers or radio control. Many options and accessories can be supplied for both control variants.
- Rugged and ergonomic DSE and DST pendant controllers
- Radio control: DRC, DRC-J or DRC-MJ with very long battery life
- Rapid change between radio transmitters at the press of a button
- Intuitive crane control with joysticks
- Can be retrofitted
Smart tandem (assistance function)
Safe handling of bulky loads: simple and safe selection of single or smart tandem control. Continuous monitoring and support throughout the transport sequence by the smart SafeControl system.
- Safe and efficient handling of long material and bulky loads
- Tandem control of one crane with two hoists
- Smart tandem control of two cranes with up to four hoists
- Safe and reliable switch-over between operating modes
- Precise position control thanks to Demag tandem control concept
Load-sway reduction (assistance function)
Assistance function for handling loads: sway motions can be detected by continuous measurement of the rope angle and compensated by dedicated correction of the travel motions.
- Support for load handling through independent corrective action by the crane
- Faster and more precise positioning of the load
- Collisions with other machinery and equipment can be avoided
- Improved safety – also for less experienced crane operators
Turning loads (assistance function)
Safely exceeding limits: loads can be turned by up to 180° degrees. The inclined pull and the lifting or lowering motions of the hoists are corrected during the turning process.
- Turning loads weighing up to 50 t
- Turning process up to 180°
- Safe and reliable monitoring of the turning process by rope angle sensors
- Safe and reliable cut-off of lifting and travel motions if the maximum permissible rope angles are exceeded
- Requirements for safe control systems according to standard EN ISO 13849-1 are fulfilled
- Crane operating errors can be avoided.
Interested? Please, contact us. We respond fast and are ready to help you.
Benefits of Our Crane Sets for Bridge Cranes
Crane sets for bridge cranes include mechanical, electrical, and structural elements that are necessary for the safe and efficient operation of a crane. Having a crane set for bridge cranes can lead to the most efficient material handling because the crane set encourages precise movement within any sized space. This results in increased productivity and less time spent on manual handling.
Learn about the other benefits of using crane sets for overhead cranes:
- Safety – Overhead cranes are equipped with special safety features like limit switches, emergency stop buttons, and overload protection to help prevent accidents and ensure the safety of all operators.
- Maximized floor space – Overhead cranes operate in a vertical plane which allows the maximum use of floor space.
Overall, a crane set for overhead cranes is the best way to get all of the parts you need for your application. Here are some of the reasons you would want to use them in your space:
- Compatibility – If you buy a crane set for your overhead crane, you can be confident knowing all of the parts work together easily.
- Compliance – Using a crane set for bridge cranes is helpful because it will ensure that the final product meets industry standards and regulations, reducing the possibility of fines and legal liabilities.
Overall, a crane set for overhead cranes leads to a safer and more efficient way to handle material operations. This makes it an essential tool in industrial settings and is a great advantage to your business’s operations.