Overhead, area-serving load transport
KBK single-girder suspension cranes
Safe and reliable transport at high level
Single-girder suspension cranes from our KBK light crane system enable you to achieve fast and reliable area-serving overhead handling and exact positioning of a wide variety of goods. With our optimised and modular KBK components, spatial challenges and requirements are already taken into account during the planning stage.
Reduced approach dimensions and thus improved utilisation of the available space are ensured by our optimised trolleys. During the project engineering phase, planners already gain more flexibility thanks to, for example, larger distances between suspensions and the option of an integrated conductor line, thus reducing installation work and assembly costs.
Useful KBK additional components enable owners of installations to respond to changing requirements at any time. Variable travel path limitation, for example, makes it possible to limit travel motions in just a few steps. Quick and easy to install. What qualities do our KBK single-girder suspension cranes offer?
- Modular system design
- Smooth and reliable handling
- Smooth manual travel
- Cost-effective implementation
- Customer-specific configuration to meet individual requirements
- Reduced approach dimensions
- Larger distances between suspensions
- Lower assembly costs
Demag Cranes and Components Corp.
6675 Parkland Blvd., Suite 200
Cleveland, Ohio 44139
The benefits at a glance
Optimum space utilisation
- Overhead, area-serving load transport
- Optimum utilisation of space thanks to minimum approach dimensions
- Suspension from existing workshop ceilings or roof structures
- Require no additional supports for the crane runway
- Easily moved by hand
- Smooth-running, snag-free operation thanks to articulated connections between the crane girders and trolleys
- Low deadweight
- Customer-specific and cost-effective solutions for workshops – also in limited sections
- Versatile applications thanks to modular system design (e.g. latching arrangements with KBK suspension monorails for crane trolley transfer)
- Cranes can also operate on runways that are not parallel
Single-girder suspension cranes: maximum distances between supports, crane spans and girder lengths
Load capacity [lb]
lKr: Span dimension
IHT: Girder length
1) Double trolley unit
2) Quadruple trolley unit
Demag trolley limit stop
The Demag KBK trolley limit stop improves the modularity of the light crane system: Buffers can be very easily installed at any time, which enables KBK Steel (II-L, II, II-H) and Aluline (18, 22) crane equipment to be buffered along the crane girder or crane runway. A temporary or long-term limit of the long and cross-travel motions can be installed in no time at all. The trolley limit stop is fitted with Demag cellular plastic buffers and can be installed under the rail. The benefit: The noise level in the event of unavoidable collisions can be reduced.
Two variants of the trolley limit stop can be supplied. The difference lies in the time frame for use. Travel along the crane runway or girder can be limited in the long term using the bolted variant. They can be installed at variable positions along the rails.
Demag trolley limit stop with bolt for long-term applications.
Demag trolley limit stop with lever for temporary installation.
The variant with a lever is also suitable for variable installation, but it can be released and repositioned more quickly and easily thanks to the lever. Temporary limit stops for the long and cross-travel motions can be easily installed in this way. For example, this may be needed to close the end of a track, to fix a crane or trolley in position or to secure the crane for installation or service work.
Demag KBK trolley limit stop with bolt
Demag KBK trolley limit stop with lever