For load capacities up to 132,000 lbs per wheel
DWS wheel sets
DWS wheel sets
Our DWS wheel set performs rail transport, including for heavier loads. We use our DWS wheel set to build complete travel units of driven and non-driven design. These are equipped with our offset and right angle gear motors from our modular range of industrial drives.
The use of these proven DWS series-manufactured components offers a high level of functional reliability and guarantees ease of installation when the wheel is replaced. Thanks to its versatility, the DWS wheel set can be used in the crane and materials handling sector and related mechanical engineering solutions.
- DWS wheel sets can be installed in hollow profile sections, box-section girders and used as corner-bearing travel units
- The entire wheel set can be installed without the need for complicated alignment in corner bearing arrangements
- Complete configuration with torque bracket
- CAD drawings are available in numerous formats to support your design process.
The benefits at a glance
- Three sizes with load capacities from 61,000 to 132,000 lbs (28,000 to 60,000 kg)
- The wheel sets can be installed in hollow profile sections, box-section girders and used as corner-bearing travel units
- Simple track gauge adjustment thanks to interchangeable distance washers between the anti-friction bearings and retaining rings
- Rapid installation and removal of the travel wheel from the travel unit using conventional tools
- Long service life thanks to due to re-lubrication facility
- Perfectly engineered to match with Demag offset or right angle gear motors with the corresponding torque bracket
- Flange-wear indicator on travel wheels that have a flange
- Flange bearings provided with recesses to attach extractors
- Available without a flange bearing for direct connection to a corresponding prepared superstructure
- CAD drawings are available in various formats to support your design process.
|Size||Max. load capacity||Travel wheel dia. d1||Weight||[mm]|
|lbs [kg]||inch [mm]||lbs [kg]||I5||I6||d2||b1||b2|
|DWS 400||61,600 [28,000]||15.7 ||231 ||280||362||437||80 90||125 140|
|DWS 500||88,000 [40,000]||19.6 ||312 ||320||402||537||90 110||140 170|
|DWS 630||132,000 [60,000]||24.8 ||682 ||350||456||680||75 110||140 170|