Modernisation and refurbishment
New technology for your plant and equipment. A worthwhile investment.
With our Demag modernisation service, we make your plant and equipment state-of-the-art. An investment which pays off.
You can utilise new technical features and replace obsolete components, adapt your plant and equipment to meet changing requirements or incorporate additional functions.
We offer tailored solutions to meet your specific requirements, up to and including the turn-key modernisation of your cranes.
Industrial cranes modernisation and refurbishment
Upgrades for greater efficiency – a perfect fit for any brand.
New cranes and components are designed as state-of-the-art products and selected to meet the given application requirements. However, new products inevitably also age: requirements may change over the operating period and new technical solutions offer improved safety and reliability. Demag modernisation gives you the certainty of new efficiency even after a number of years.
Manufacturing expertise and experience
As a manufacturer and market leader, we have many years of experience in the modernisation and refurbishment of cranes and extensive design expertise. You can rely on Demag modernisation to meet your needs. In addition, our extensive service network enables us to support you with help and advice provided by local contact partners throughout the entire process, with support from one of our global centers of excellence.
- Improved capacity and handling rates
- Modification to new application requirements
- Long-term operating reliability
- Improved safety
- Reliable spare parts supply
Service Contact UK
Unit 1 Charter Point, Coalfield Way, Ashby Business Park,
Ashby De La Zouch, LE65 1NF,
Our team of specialists adapts your installation to ensure that it will fully meet future requirements. Regardless of whether you want to increase performance, incorporate additional functions and applications or extend the equipment’s service life. For this purpose, we utilise the available resources and upgrade all relevant components to ensure they are state-of-the-art.
- Modification of the load capacity for changed or extended requirements
- Optimised lifting and travel speeds for hoists, cranes and crabs
- Check of the static design and survey of the crane runways
- Modernisation of the control system for improved ease of operation
- Optimised drive systems for precise and reliable travel and positioning
- Increased handling rate for shorter operating cycles
If the requirements for your crane equipment change, we can take care of the necessary modifications. Regardless of whether it needs to be relocated or production processes change. Regardless of whether individual components need to be replaced, additional functions have to be added at a later date or the entire crane equipment is modernised.
- Optimise operating sequences for improved handling rates and greater efficiency
- Adjust span dimensions
- Relocate installations
- Modify for new situations – dismantling, transport, modification, re-assembly and commissioning
- Modification of the load handling attachments when the crane has to meet changed requirements
- Installation of (calibrated) weighing devices for improved safety and reliability for operating personnel, the installation and the load
All relevant parameters of your equipment should be monitored constantly in order to ensure its availability. The end of the service life of a hoist can be detected in good time, and the service life significantly extended by a general overhaul or modernisation. This represents a valuable contribution towards maintaining the value of your equipment and safeguards your production processes against unscheduled downtimes.
- Determine the remaining safe working period
- Plan in advance when downtimes are necessary for maintenance and repair or modernisation
- Replace individual components to ensure system reliability and availability
- Meet current standards and regulations
- Replace wearing parts in good time to avoid installation failures
- Document extended operation by means of appropriate certificates
- Function checks of all installation parameters to determine the system status
- Instruct specialist personnel in operation of the system
Only the right safety equipment can ensure that your equipment will satisfy all legal obligations, efficiently and reliably. For equipment that has to operate under particular ambient conditions, our specialists develop concepts that are specifically designed to provide optimum protection of the equipment, the operators and the loads – including any statutory safety approvals.
- Overload protection
- Load spectrum recorders for simple and accurate calculation of the remaining service life
- By-pass controls to detect and avoid obstacles
- Optical or mechanical anti-collision systems for cranes and crabs
- Door contour controls for safe transfer between indoor and outdoor areas
- Interlocking arrangements between cranes and machinery
- Crane girder walkways to facilitate maintenance
- Limit switches for hoists and travel units
- Hydraulic and rubber buffers for crane runways and travel units
- Full automation and semi-automatic controls