Flexible and autonomous
Transfer carriage with battery drive
Transfer carriage with battery drive: flexible and autonomous
Demag drives make the right moves – with perfectly matching components for an efficient overall system.
With our components for battery-powered transfer carriages, we can offer you a self-sufficient solution in which the charging and power unit is already integrated on board. All Demag drive components can be used with their full performance features for battery-powered systems.
Extend the range of your travel applications, e.g.
- Rail-bound transfer carriages with the ability to overcome gaps at crossings
- Indoor and outdoor applications where the power supply cannot be laid due to obstacles
- In painting booths and other areas that are not suitable for an electric power supply
- As a cost-effective solution for long travel paths – without the need for additional cabling & wiring for the power supply
- For emergency power supply to vertical applications
Solutions ready for connection for standardised and customized applications
- DWS wheel set
- Up to 60 t load capacity per wheel
- For hollow profile sections, box-section girders and corner-bearing arrangements
- RS wheel block system
- For 3.5 to 18 t load capacity per wheel
- Also for high temperature applications
- LRS travel wheel system
- Load capacity up to 6.5 t per wheel
- For speeds up to 240 m/min
- With spheroidal-graphite cast iron travel wheel or Hydropur tyre
- DRS wheel block system
- 8 sizes: 2.75 to 40 t load capacity per wheel
- Wide variety of travel wheel designs
Standard variants (DRS)
- A: Guided on both sides by flanges for rail systems
- B: Wheels without any flanges, optionally fitted with lateral guide rollers, also with concave shape or contour to customer specifications
- D: Wheels guided by a flange on one side for units running at ground level
- E: Larger diameter wheels without a flange for increased ground clearance
- S: Wheels of prismatic, trapezoidal or concave shape for guided applications
- F: Flangeless travel wheels with Hydropur tyres for high acceleration & smooth operation
- C: Flangeless, concave polyamide wheels for quiet operation that is kind to the runway
Complete travel units
From components to complete systems
- Solutions to meet specific requirements based on standardised sub-assemblies
- Compact ground-level travel units with large ground clearance:
- Central drive with dedicated drive shafts
- Individual drives with central control unit
- Torque brackets: Transfer of drive torque to the wheel system virtually without radial force
For a wide variety of industrial drive tasks. Reliable and effective.
- Conical-rotor brake motors (up to 55 kW) for stopping-and-starting drives or for direct line-fed travel applications,
- Highly efficient Z cylindrical-rotor motors – also as brake motors and in continuous duty
- Can be combined with system gearboxes:
- Space-saving offset gearboxes
- Compact angular gearboxes
- Rugged helical gearboxes
- FG microspeed drives: Large mechanical speed ratios up to 500:1 between main and positioning speeds
Autonomous solutions for transfer carriages
- Charging and power unit integrated on board
- Rail-mounted transfer carriage applications:
- Transfer over gaps at crossings
- Inside and outside areas without obstacle-free power supply
- Paint booths and areas without electric power
- Long travel paths – without additional power-supply lines
Solutions without the need for additional engineering
- Dedrive Compact STO inverters with pre-programmed modules
- Solutions ready for connection for specific applications
- Complete unit in compact switchgear cabinet
Smart solutions for all drive requirements
- Dedrive Pro 880 inverter
- 9 sizes: 0.55 to 560 kW for power supplies from 380 to 690 V.
- Implemented software package for crane control
- Direct torque control
- Master/follow applications
- Load-sway reduction
- Mechanical brake monitoring
- Synchronised control of up to 4 hoists
- Efficient use of energy
- Dedrive Compact STO inverter
- 6 sizes: Motor shaft output from 0.75 to 110 kW.
- Stopping-and-starting applications and operating processes for standard AC motors
SCU safety control unit
Optimised for travel and lifting applications
- For single and multiple axis control
- Position measurement and monitoring in up to three dimensions
- For safety-relevant monitoring of drive axis motions up to PL e to EN ISO 13849, and SIL 3 to EN 61508.
- SafePMT parameter programming software to customize functions of travel and hoist drives
The benefits at a glance
High safety and reliability
Thanks to the use proven components from the Demag modular drive system, you can be certain of reliable solutions that have been tried and tested all over the world. For your safety and for reliable processes.
Perfectly matching design
You always receive the optimum result for your requirements, since all drive components, such as travel units, application modules and specification of the battery are configured to match each other.
Reduced planning requirement
Application solutions that are configured ready for connection significantly reduce the need for planning. These solutions include the charging and power unit as well as the control system for the travel drives.
The wide coverage provided by the Demag service network ensures that the drive systems can be quickly put into service – and gives you the certainty of global support with fast response times.
Process cranes for the paper industry
Crane systems for manufacturing paper and automated storage of rolls
Process cranes for the aviation industry
Cost-effective solutions for manufacturing and maintaining aircraft